Information about Coronavirus
There is a higher risk of infection for people, who have travelled to epidemic communities or have had close contacts to infected people. If you have been in close contact with person infected with covid-19 or abroad, you have to stay at home for 10 days. With the exception of some countries, see The COVID-19 epidemic: regional situation, recommendations and restrictions on Institute of health and welfare website.
In case of illness or questions – please contact any time
- Telephone guidance Malmska 06 786 1333
- Telephone guidande Nykarleby 06 786 2701
If you have symptoms of respiratory tract infection please cancel your reserved time for appointment.
Respiratory tract infections can be prevented through good hand hygiene and correctly coughing technique.
For general information on the coronavirus and advice on using the Koronavilkku mobile app, you can call the telephone service at 0295 535 535 or use the live chat. On weekdays at 8–21 and Saturdays at 9–15. The service is implemented through cooperation between authorities. More information about the telephone service can be found here.
Quarantine and isolation instructions in English
Healthcare center in Jakobstad/Pietarsaari
- Homepage Vasa Centralsjukhuset (in English)
- Information about coronavirus in different languages, Finnish institute for health and welfare
- Finnish institute for health and welfare (in English)
- Recommendation on the use of face masks (in English)
- Integration.fi (in English)
- WHO (in English)
- Restrictions during the coronavirus epidemic (Finnish government)
- Frequently asked questions (Finnish government)
- News about coronavirus in Finland (YLE, different languages)