Information about Coronavirus
There is a higher risk of infection for people, who have travelled to epidemic communities or have had close contacts to infected people. If you have been in close contact with person infected with covid-19 or abroad, you have to stay at home for 14 days.
- Restrictions and recommendations in Ostrobothnia (Österbotten, Pohjanmaa) can be found on website of Vasa Central Hospital. Please follow these guidelines to stop the spread of coronavirus!
- Nationwide restrictions can be found on valtioneuvosto.fi.
- Information about coronavirus in different languages can be found here.
Help us prevent the spread of coronavirus: download the Koronavilkku app. For more information, see koronavilkku.fi/en/
In case of illness or questions – please contact any time
- Telephone guidance Malmska 06 786 1333
- Telephone guidande Nykarleby 06 786 2701
If you have symptoms of respiratory tract infection please cancel your reserved time for appointment.
Respiratory tract infections can be prevented through good hand hygiene and correctly coughing technique.
For general information on the coronavirus and advice on using the Koronavilkku mobile app, you can call the telephone service at 0295 535 535 or use the live chat. On weekdays at 8–21 and Saturdays at 9–15. The service is implemented through cooperation between authorities. More information about the telephone service can be found here.
Quarantine and isolation instructions in English
Healthcare center in Jakobstad/Pietarsaari
Information about coronavaccination in Finland
- Vaccines and coronavirus - at-risk groups, safety, and arranging vaccination in Finland (THL.fi, Finnish institute for health and welfare)
- Vaccination in Jakobstad (Pietarsaari), Nykarleby (Uusikaarlepyy), Pedersöre and Larsmo (Luoto)
- Information about coronavirus in different languages, Finnish institute for health and welfare
- Recommendation on the use of face masks (in English)
- Integration.fi (in English)
- World Health Organisation WHO (in English)
- Restrictions during the coronavirus epidemic (Finnish government)
- Frequently asked questions (Finnish government)
- News about coronavirus in Finland (YLE, different languages)